Are you tired of always cleaning your carpet? Are you considering trading in your carpet for something else? If you are ready to remove your old floor and, can’t decide between hardwood flooring and tile, this article is for you!
Flooring is the visual foundation of your home interiors. Choosing the correct type of flooring in your home contributes to the lighting, comfort levels, and tone of each room of your home. However, when many people decide they are sick of carpet, the next big question is what’s next? Speedy Floor Removal is here to help you remove your old floor, prep it for your new floor, and since floor is in our name, give you advice on two popular floor choices—hardwood and tile.
Hardwood flooring can not only add to the aesthetic appeal of your home, but can also add to the monetary value as well. According to the National Wood Flooring Association homes with wood floors sold faster and at higher prices than home without wood floors. Hardwood flooring is a feature that is universally attractive, and tends to always stay in style. However, homeowners need to be aware of the pros and cons of hardwood flooring during the decision-making process.
- Easy Maintenance: Hardwood floors can stand the test of time with proper maintenance. Think about it, many homes that are 100 years old still have the original flooring. Most wood floors just need sweeping or vacuuming to keep clean from dust, debris, and spills. They also only need occasional cleaning with wood floor cleaner.
- Versatile: We already discussed the timeless style of hardwood floors, but they are also very versatile. If at any point in time you want to change up the look of a room, you can quickly throw an area rug down and have a whole new look to the room! Hardwood floors make it easy to decorate and make it easy to match any style.
- Variety: The possibilities of the choices of hardwood floors is almost endless. There are many stains, woods, thickness levels, and patterns. There is even the option sometimes to mix and match.
- Cost: Buying new wood floors will set you back a lot more than installing other floors like tile.
- Wear: Hardwood floors can be functional even after many years. However, they will still wear and scratch over time. This means that you may have to refinish and fix areas in your wood floor after installation.
- Noise: Hardwood floors can be quite noisy. Once the floors are installed, they begin to wear and settle immediately, especially in high-traffic areas. Over time, nearly every step you take is makes that distinct creaking noise. Keep in mind that hardwood floors don’t absorb noise as well as carpets do, making everything louder within your home.
Whether you are currently building your dream home or have lived in the same house for years, there may come a time when new flooring is needed, Speedy Floor Removal wants you to have all the information. Tile flooring is a very practical, economical, and a fashionable option. Tile flooring is still one of the most popular option when it comes to flooring. It is a flooring option that has a diverse range of textures, shapes, colors, and materials that offer limitless options that can satisfy any design style. Just like hardwood flooring, tile floors have their benefits and drawbacks.
- Durable: Tile flooring is extremely tough—and tiles are difficult to crack. A good quality tile can last for up to 20 years and even longer if prepped and maintained properly. If a single tile does end up with a crack in it, the process of replacing or fixing the tile is pretty simple.
- Cost: Most flooring can cost anywhere between $4-$10 per square foot, but those numbers can vary to two different extremes. This makes tile flooring moderately more expensive than carpet and less costly than hardwood. Also, depending on where the tile floor is installed, it can add long-term value to your home.
- Non-allergenic: Just like hardwood floor, tile is a hard, solid surface that doesn’t attract dirt, dust, pollen, or other allergens. Unlike carpet, small debris stands out on the surface of tile floors, making it easier to spot and clean. This also helps keep the air clear or irritating materials that can have an effect on asthma suffers.
- Hardness: Tile floors are extremely hard, which makes it very easy to clean and maintain. However, this can also make it difficult and uncomfortable to stand on. Though the hardness of the tile floors can be offset by putting down area rugs in certain places, it isn’t ideal for some people.
- Weight: The weight of the tile can be a slight problem. Tile floors are heavy, which means that they cannot be installed everywhere. Most of the time tile flooring cannot be installed on upper stories. It is possible, but can be quite difficult to accomplish.
- Installation: Any type floor installation can be difficult; however, tile floors can be even more difficult to install. Installation requires many tools, grouts, mortars, etc. This is a project that can be done by an amateur, but it is not recommended. Tile floor installation can be difficult, time-consuming, and prone to mistakes.
Choosing the right type of flooring is important and should be researched thoroughly before deciding. It is also very important to choose the correct contractor. Different contractors have different levels of skill and expertise. Therefore, it’s important to do your research—call around, get multiple estimates, and don’t just choose solely based on price. Instead, choose a flooring contractor that makes you feel comfortable.
It’s also important to properly prepare for you floor installation. Floor removal and preparation is one of the most important steps in installing new tile or hardwood flooring. Make sure your old flooring is removed properly by a floor removal professional.
The Importance of Proper Floor Removal and Preparation
When you make the decision on your new type of floor you want to install, whatever the type, make sure to properly remove and prep your floors. Removing your old floors can be taxing of both time and effort. Trying to remove your old floors without the help of professionals requires grueling and daunting work that is not recommended by any DIYers.
Speedy Floor Removal wants to spare you the stress, aggravation, and the mess! Call us to do the job for you! We have the experience and know how to make your floor removal process easy and hassle free. Make sure to call Speedy Floor Removal today for our virtually dustless floor removal services!